Completed projects:

roof, kitchen, master bedroom, main bathroom (sans shower tile), fireplace, hardwood flooring, windows, office, front entry, stairway

Ongoing projects:

shower surround, dapping/painting woodwork, ensuite vanity/lights/mirror, painting outdoor trim, finishing front entry tile work, interior door painting and hardware, decorating

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stairs are now on the adjenda!

John was by today to drop off my stair rails and pieces. I'm delighted to report, my ugly ugly fully carpeted super 70's wooden banister combo will be history one day soon! Thanks John! I can't wait to see all the pieces to this particular puzzle come together!

And how beautiful these pieces are! How beautiful bare wood unassembled can look I had no idea. There is ALOT to creating beautiful stairs! The rails are long and graceful, the wood edges are, well, so hip and new! I'm accustomed to my old shaggy rug curling around each step. Oh my.. I can't even imagine these components in this place.

And with improvements comes more experience. I'm going to learn all about the wonderful world of staining and varnishing wood! For this is my homework!

Now I just need to find an empty corner in this house to do so... eeeee...

p.s. Jenna refuses to use her backdoor/window. So I get to utilize my ugly stairs many times over before they transform. Perhaps it's nature's way of me bidding my old stairs a final farewell. Or perhaps I just have a stubborn confused dog...