Completed projects:

roof, kitchen, master bedroom, main bathroom (sans shower tile), fireplace, hardwood flooring, windows, office, front entry, stairway

Ongoing projects:

shower surround, dapping/painting woodwork, ensuite vanity/lights/mirror, painting outdoor trim, finishing front entry tile work, interior door painting and hardware, decorating

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On the balance of summer renos

I'm back from a little campsite r&r. Rich had come in my absense to tinker around with the office electrical connections. Nearly ready to move in there! Thanks Rich!

I don't know about others, but for me it's hard to be indoors in summer. I mean, the good weather isn't quitting! Isn't it awesome for us rain country folk?!?

Before I escaped to my campsite last week, I finished painting the bathroom ceiling, walls and closet. It is complete! So complete it was hard to leave without hanging stuff up and making it pretty. I had also purchased a new toilet and tile and lights. So I have lots of homework and am eager to continue!

Balance. It's all about balance. Work, play and renos. Do abit of it all and it all keeps progressing slowly. Sun or no sun, I SHALL balance this juggling act out!

My 81 yr old mom got hurt last weekend by a bad fall (please pray for her recoup, broken shoulder) and I'm bringing her over to the 'reno house' this weekend to look after her as well as offer her a change of scenery. She hasn't seen what's been going on yet and there's lots to show her!

So being that I will be at home on the weekend, I just may get abit more done here and there... this could be a very good thing!

Ok, onto this glorious summer day of work, play and renos! I think I can I think I can I think I can... scratch that. I KNOW I will...