Completed projects:

roof, kitchen, master bedroom, main bathroom (sans shower tile), fireplace, hardwood flooring, windows, office, front entry, stairway

Ongoing projects:

shower surround, dapping/painting woodwork, ensuite vanity/lights/mirror, painting outdoor trim, finishing front entry tile work, interior door painting and hardware, decorating

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The cool people in my life.

It's a typical day after work kind of evening. I'm finishing up the dishes, when suddenly this kind gent comes up my 'sturdy magnificent' back steps and knocks on the door. It's Vic needing a plug for a saw and is in search of my screwdriver. Cool... my kinda guy. Ben is below getting ready to finish up the stair banister. I pretend to shake my finger at them because it's drizzly out and I didn't want them working in the rain, so I warm them up some with hot chocolate and cookies.

Have I told you lately how much I LOVE those stairs?!? I like to run up and down them just because.

Then Pete and Gina arrived later. I sure love their feedback on things. It's overwhelming when you have many decisions to make. I think my favorite saying of late is, "You chose!" They're amazing. Their motive is that I'm smiling after all is said and done, so I guess I have some decisions to make. I'll do my homework, I promise!

It's wonderful having people around you. I'm able to finally bounce off some household type dreams I've had for a very long time and to actually get real live personal people type feedback... just AWESOME.

Everyone just comes in and out, does their thing, and involves me when I need or can be a part of something.

They've all met my annoyingly friendly dog, and two fat cats. They know about the warranty pamphlet taped over the bathroom door knob opening. (knob broke off) They know of the cat litter room. (downstairs bathroom with no door nor toilet, soon to change!)

They are cool with it all. Because THEY are cool.

Thanks for your time tonite folks. It's always welcome and much appreciated!